The MINI service center here at MINI of Bedford is ready to handle all of your maintenance needs, but occasionally you might run into an automotive problem when you’re out on the road. It pays to be prepared for such situations, including those times when you have to change a tire.
Fortunately, changing a flat tire isn’t too difficult. Here’s what you need to do.
Changing the Tire
As soon as you notice the flat tire, find a safe spot to pull over to. You don’t want to drive on a flat for long. Put down your reflectors if it’s dark out, then inspect the damage. If it is a flat, take out the spare tire and get ready to replace it.
- Loosen the wheel lugs slightly before you jack up the car, since this can make things easier.
- Place the jack underneath the jack point, which is often marked by a small triangle. Use the crank on the jack to raise it and keep going until the flat tire is completely off the ground.
- Remove the wheel lugs and set them aside somewhere you won’t lose them.
- Take the flat tire off and put the spare tire on, lining up the holes in the wheel so that you can easily screw the lugs back on.
- Secure the lugs and make them as tight as possible.
- Store away the flat tire and put away the jack and tire iron.
Most spares aren’t meant to be driven on for that long, so head to our service center and get new tires as soon as you can. If you have any more questions about caring for your MINI vehicle, visit our MINI dealership in Bedford, NH. Our skilled technicians are ready to assist you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.